Thursday, May 2, 2013

Savingmemoriesforever.com

Saving Memories Forever is an app based method for saving audio memories.  The resulting audio or mp3 files can then be uploaded to the website and stored to share with others.  The app for your iPhone or droid is free but the website offers a premium service which is fee based.  Here is a good chart to determine you needs and whether you need to upgrade to the premium service.


I am not big on recording memories other than scrapbooking so getting into this particular app just didn't work for me.  I found the scripting restraining and frankly boring.  With today's technology I think just recording a story using your smartphone is sufficient for me.  But that is me.  If you are very much into family heritage and love to work through scripted questions than this may be for you.  An option I thought about for me to enjoy this app would be to use the premium service while at a family reunion.  Then you could pass the phone for each "storyteller" to record their history.  Seeing as I don't live near much family at the moment, except my sister, it just didn't appeal. I could have given family members login info and they could have added themselves as story tellers, but outside a reunion setting it just seemed like another thing to add to the to do list. Your mileage may vary.


No comments: