Thursday, May 2, 2013

A pesky little organ

I've been absent for several weeks.  April has not been very nice to my health!  I have been suffering with some right sided pain for several weeks.  We thought it might be a UTI and a course of heavy duty antibiotics were prescribed.  Two days after I stopped the antibiotic the pain came back and I was done.  I went to urgent care who triaged me to the ER because they did not have the machines to scan my innards.
Once at the ER I was given a CT scan which revealed an inflamed/irritated appendix.  The surgeon recommended it come out.  So Tuesday morning it did.  I left the hospital Wednesday afternoon.  Recovery was slow, I'm assuming my creeping upwards age is what slowed it.  As of Tuesday I was released to regular activities, to celebrate I restarted the Couch 2 5K running program and plan on running a 5k the morning of my 40th birthday!

No comments: