Sunday, December 20, 2009

Recovery going well

The surgery on Thursday went great.  The hospital I was at was fantastic.  The staff was great so much so that I sent John home to buy milk for the kids breakfast (we had run out the night before), and let them know PE had been cancelled.  He got back to the hospital while I was in surgery.  I was back in my recovery room by 10 and slept till 11.  They discharged me at 11:30.  Came home and slept.  I went off the pain meds Friday night.  Went to church today and even went for a quick spin behind the wheel.  The final product is much nicer than the expanders were.  I feel NORMAL!  Finally.  Now I will enjoy Christmas with my family.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad your recovery has been speedy! And, I'm glad you "feel normal", you deserve it!

Dade City Grandparents said...

We are glad you are feeling "normal" and that you were able to come home so quickly! We look forward to seeing you for Christmas, especially since you are able to do things with us this time!!