Thursday, August 6, 2009

Avery is in surgery

Avery and I arrived at the hospital right on time.... a little bleary eyed. I drained the rest of my coffee and we headed in to register and pay up. They processed us quickly and before we knew it she was back in pre op watching the Disney Channel, a rare treat since her parents are too cheap to pay for anything other than basic cable. She changed into some cute little jammies. Dr P came in and marked the right leg YES. Before I knew it she was being walked to the OR. I had to give her up to the nurses at the stop sign. She looked back once a little timidly and then turned a corner. I wish I could have captured that moment with a picture. I choked back my tears, proceeded to the waiting room where I await John. Going to watch a little Beth Moore Esther until he arrives. Pictures are on facebook. I don't have the cable to upload them here. I could email them to myself later.

1 comment:

Theresa in WV said...

Praying for a quick and smooth recovery.