Thursday, August 28, 2008

School is going...

We are in the process of wrapping up week 3 of school.  So far so good.  I need to implement the schedule rather than plod willy nilly through the day.  
I have managed to do art with all the kids and that has been fun.  We are using artistic pursuits.  I think I like it.  I have the 3 younger ones grouped together and the 2 olders.  Hannah shows a real eye for detail, and Ian loves to draw from his memory.  
Claire started up choir again.  Ian starts baseball in about a week.  Hannah still doesn't have a piano teacher (bad mom) and Neil and Avery start choir next week.  The four oldest will take the PE course again this year as it was a big hit last year.  Scouts for the older 3 and Awana for all rounds out our busyness.  I have really enjoyed being unleashed from my calendar but it looks like I need to start paying attention again!

1 comment:

mary grace said...

My calendar is getting out of control. So glad I'm not the only one who has been blindsided by activities, activities, activities!